Zovy, LLC, is a fast growing, early stage technology company that provides subscription-based data governance solutions comprised of data archiving, data backup, and eDiscovery software. Zovy is looking to hire a director of finance who will report to the CEO and regularly present to the board of directors. The director of finance will be responsible for all facets of Zovy’s cash management, accounting operations, financial reporting, and financial analysis and planning activities. This is an opportunity for a hands-on, self-motivated accounting/financial professional who is focused on details and has a desire to play a major role in the further growth of Zovy. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills. Prior experience working for a company that had private equity or venture capital investors is preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to the CEO and management for decision making purposes
- Coordination and management of the monthly financial close process
- Preparation of the Zovy’s monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal, investor and board reporting
- Design, implementation and documentation of internal controls and accounting and finance processes, including developing processes for regular financial reviews and analyses of Zovy business activities, which may include product pricing, contract review and expense management
- Identify and analyze current and past trends and develop key performance indicators in areas including revenue, cost of goods sold, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Coordination and preparation of Zovy’s annual budget and long term financial plan, including maintaining and improving Zovy’s financial model, as appropriate, to support changes in the business, and periodic forecast updates, as needed
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Responsible for compliance with investor and lender agreements and all facets of regulatory and tax reporting
- Coordination and management of Zovy’s outside service providers, including payroll, benefits and insurance
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of financial data across the various financial reporting systems and processes
Key experience and skills we’re seeking in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting at a minimum; CPA or MBA and public accounting foundation a plus
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and financial reporting and analysis experience, within a growth-oriented organization. Experience working with start-ups and in an entrepreneurial setting a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP with particular focus on revenue recognition for SaaS companies
- Demonstrated business acumen including process orientation and strategic thinking skills
- Understanding of tax reporting requirements and experience with LLC entities a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy complemented by well-developed analytical, project management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A strong proficiency in Salesforce.com, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- This job will be located in Waltham, MA (relocation assistance not available)
Zovy, formerly Rand Secure Data, was recently acquired and is located in Waltham, MA. As a newly independent company, Zovy offers limitless opportunity for growth within a startup environment.
Although a startup through acquisition, Zovy is built on a foundation dating back more than 10 years as a division of Rand Worldwide. Zovy has partnerships with leading manufacturers like HP, Autonomy, Microsoft etc. and strong financial backing to give our employees the stability not often available in this type of opportunity rich environment.
Zovy is a leading provider of data governance solutions that combine ultra-security and high-performance with simplicity, accessibility and affordability. Zovy offers industry leading data archiving, email archiving, backup and eDiscovery solutions that allow companies to simplify IT strategies, lower overall costs and free up resources without having to make any sacrifices in terms of functionality, security or control.
Zovy is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status.