Zignal Labs is a fast-growing big data analytics start-up company, providing a unique social and digital media intelligence platform and real-time monitoring service for corporations, PR firms, political organizations, and government entities.
As a Java Developer, you will help build and scale our social and digital media monitoring and analytics platform.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering and the rest of the engineering team to design and deliver a high performance and scalable platform for massive data collection, storage and analytics
- Design, develop and maintain of the overall system architecture
- Collaborate on the development of new and existing product features
- Build high performance, scalable, real-time, server-side technologies
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment with source control, dev/stage/production release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment
- Experience using Scala, Java, PHP, or other Open Source Object
- Previous experience with NoSQL databases like: MongoDB, CouchDB or Riak
- Search and/or Text Search technologies like: Elastic or Solr (a HUGE plus)
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar and/or relevant work experience
- 4+ years experience in server-side/back-end full cycle product development in a production environment
- Experience with large scale distributed processing systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
About Zignal Labs
Zignal Labs is a fast-growing big data analytics startup providing a unique social and digital media intelligence platform and real-time monitoring service. Our clients come in all shapes and sizes, and they include corporations, PR firms, political organizations, and government entities. Zignal Labs was founded with the understanding that the traditional 24-hour news cycle now runs closer to 24-minutes. This accelerated pace has changed the rules, creating the need to rapidly analyze, understand and react to changes in the media environment to achieve an organization's objectives.