The iOS QA team is looking for a technical Whitebox QA engineer to work on the next generation of iOS Client to support our innovative education platform. You’ll work alongside a world-class development team creating the future of digital education. You will be part of a team building and testing the Yuzu App. You will write automated Test Cases and Test Suites and perform some Blackbox testing in your downtime. You’ll get to work on a state of the art digital content viewer with all of the modern functions of said viewer. This position requires a self-motivated and dynamic individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
This position is located in Mountain View, California.
- Strong analytical skills
- Automation experience using xCode and Eclipse
- Strong knowledge of Apple programming languages (Objective C is a must C++ and Swift are a plus)
- Experience harvesting logs from mobile device
- Experience working with mobile devices, iOS or Android
- Experience with digital book formats and their specifications (PDF, EPUB2 and EPUB3)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable and adaptable in a high-paced and informal environment
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Education is transforming. Traditional content is being augmented by open content, desktop learning is transitioning to mobile learning, standards are being replaced by measured outcomes. Digital Education, in all its forms, is at the center of this transformation and Yuzu is an exciting incubator at the center of Digital Education. Created expressly to lead the transition, develop new ideas and innovative products, transform and disrupt educational content delivery and to support student learning, Yuzu is positioned to seize the incredible growth opportunity in the nascent digital education market. With direct channel access to 25% of students in US higher education, unique academic publisher partnerships, Yuzu will lead and thrive as the leading education digital content and technology company. Yuzu has teams in Mountain View, Seattle, New York and New Jersey, each specializing on core areas of educational technology and each enjoying the open and entrepreneurial feel of a start-up with the support and funding of a larger corporation. Barnes & Noble is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/F/V/D