So sure. You could take a job where you are totally qualified and can contribute from Day One. But here’s a better idea – come work at a place that will challenge you. A place where, at the end of each day, you can say “wow, I learned something new today.” At your current job, do you work with HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript 5, A+ promises, MVVM, Node modules? We do every day, building killer SPAs (single page applications) that look and feel more like desktop applications than web pages. Now you may be saying “I’ll never get the job. I’m not qualified.” Don’t worry. If you’re smart and willing to learn, we’ll teach you the specifics. So come work at place where you can learn, grow, and make a difference. Come work at Yuzu.
This position is located in Midtown Manhattan.
- Write code that looks and feels more like a desktop application than a web page
- Work with the C++ developers to define custom browser API extensions
- Work with an Agile team of really bright people (the “best of the best” at Barnes and Noble) in a small startup-like atmosphere
- Hold a relentless passion to help us continue to make reading more accessible and learning better by developing your ideas in a startup-like atmosphere (with the power of a Fortune 500 company behind you all the way)
- When you go out to eat at a restaurant, you wonder why the menu isn’t presented in JSON
- You thrive in a fast paced work environment and get a rush from releasing a new build
- You have a love for technology and are generally curious to read, discover and play with new gadgets (we have plenty of those to play with!)
- A good sense of humor is a plus
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, to “fill in the blanks” with points of view, and to round out an “A” team of talented people that value team productivity and results over ego
- BA or equivalent preferred
Education is transforming. Traditional content is being augmented by open content, desktop learning is transitioning to mobile learning, standards are being replaced by measured outcomes. Digital Education, in all its forms, is at the center of this transformation and Yuzu is an exciting incubator at the center of Digital Education. Created expressly to lead the transition, develop new ideas and innovative products, transform and disrupt educational content delivery and to support student learning, Yuzu is positioned to seize the incredible growth opportunity in the nascent digital education market. With direct channel access to 25% of students in US higher education, unique academic publisher partnerships, Yuzu will lead and thrive as the leading education digital content and technology company. Yuzu has teams in Mountain View, Seattle, New York and New Jersey, each specializing on core areas of educational technology and each enjoying the open and entrepreneurial feel of a start-up with the support and funding of a larger corporation. Barnes & Noble is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/F/V/D