The ideal candidate is self-motivated with an extensive experience as a back-end engineer and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the LAMP stack (including scalability and security).
- Architect and maintain distributed systems, focusing on reliability, security and scalability.
- Identify key scaling/stability pain points and architect/implement solutions
- Put in place security best practices (XSS/SQL Injection prevention, language-specific weaknesses….)
- Design and develop highly scalable APIs and services that are used by web and mobile clients
- Work closely with the product team to design and implement UX flows
- Collaborate on the server side changes required for the UX flows
- Provide leadership in areas of security and robustness against DDOS and other attacks.
- 8+ years of full life-cycle product development experience
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Advanced experience with object-oriented PHP
- Experience with REST based Web Services development
- Well-versed in network security, and application security
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment
- Experience working with PHP mvc framework such as YII.
About Workboard, Inc
We're a small start-up that aims to help people reach the zen of achievement. With the Workboard Team Velocity App, it's easier to coordinate, communicate and complete work. Less busywork, more progress. Workboard is a little over a year old, and moving quickly. We're looking for people who are passionate about making the workplace better for everyone.