Design and develop power electronic circuits for various functions such as power and frequency conversion, switching amplifiers and oscillators. Tasks will include circuit modeling and design, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, and test. Strong lab bench skills are required. The person must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent cross-functional projects. Previous experience designing power conversion circuits and subsystems for high volume consumer electronics applications a plus. A successful candidate must be highly self-motivated and have a deep fundamental understanding of electrical/electronics circuits and high-frequency power conversion concepts.
• Initiate designs of new, high-efficiency, power conversion and circuits including power factor correction, resonant and soft-switching inverters (at power levels from tens to hundreds of Watts with switching frequencies up to the MHz range).
• Design feedback control circuits to control power delivery.
• Lead the PCB and packaging design and prototyping efforts, including developing functional and design specifications, test and qualification procedures.
• Organize and perform prototyping and simulation efforts, direct and coordinate in-house and external prototype fabrication efforts.
• Understand implementation of feedback control systems, both analog and digital.
• Support new technology development initiatives and other critical projects.
• Communicate effectively, in both oral and written form, critical technical information regarding electronic and electrical system design and performance.
• An advanced degree in electrical engineering is highly desirable but comparable experience in power circuit design and development will be considered.
• Min 5 yrs experience working on AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC power electronics converters required
• Demonstrated competency and innovation in power electronics design, analysis, and testing.
• Experience in high-frequency switch mode power supply design and related components a plus.
• Experience designing for high volume consumer electronics applications a plus.
• Skills and experience to work independently on challenging problems.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience with PADs and / or Altium PCB design flow a plus.
About Witricity Corp
WiTricity Corporation was founded in 2007 to commercialize a new technology for wireless electricity invented and patented two years earlier by a team of physicists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), led by Professor Marin Soljačić. Professor Soljačić and team proved the magnetic fields of two properly designed devices with closely matched resonant frequencies can couple into a single continuous magnetic field, enabling the transfer of power from one device to the other at high efficiency and over a distance range that is useful for real-world applications.Dubbed “highly resonant wireless power transfer” – or “WiTricity®” for short – the team demonstrated WiTricity technology by illuminating a 60 watt light bulb from a power source over 2 meters away (as published in the prestigious journal Science in July 2007). More important than simply proving they could illuminate a light bulb, the experiment validated their theoretical models of how electric power is wirelessly transferred as a function of the geometry, distance, and electrical properties of the devices used.As the exclusive licensee of this patented MIT intellectual property, WiTricity technology will be the medium that ties our existing electric grid to a broad range of mobile and wireless devices—and enables the development of radically new and improved consumer, commercial, and industrial devices. WiTricity Corporation is actively developing the core technology and additional intellectual property that will take this spectacular invention and apply it into commercially available products. Our mission is to develop a family of wireless power components that will enable designers and manufacturers in a broad range of industries to make their products truly “wireless.”