Reporting to the VP of Product Management & Marketing, the Product Manager for Consumer Electronics Wireless Charging Solutions is responsible for managing WiTricity’s range of Highly Resonant Wireless Power Transfer products for the Consumer Electronics market. Responsibilities include managing the WiTricty products for consumer electronics through their lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision through proactive market and competitive analysis, creating product requirement documents and working closely with engineering to deliver market-leading solutions, collaborating with the sales tem on market opportunities, participation in standard bodies while maintaining the corporate strategy, and generation and support of sales/marketing collateral. This position also entails working with marketing, customer support, and technology partners to ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Overall responsibility also includes ensuring that product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Writing Product Requirement Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification based on market and customer requirements
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Developing market intelligence and driving competitive analysis; becoming the company’s recognized subject matter expert with respect to competitors’ offerings
- Managing product pricing that meets the product revenue and company’s profitability goals
- Collaborating with the sales team on revenue and product forecasting, in turn managing product inventory with the operations team
- Developing sales tools and related go-to-market materials, brief and train the sales force
- Communicating corporate roadmaps and overall corporate direction to customers, partners, and prospects
- Delivering effective presentations and product demonstrations as needed to support analyst, partner, and prospective customer meetings
- B.S. Engineering or Physics required (EE preferred) along with 5+ years of relevant experience. MBA desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires global travel (25%)
About Witricity Corp
WiTricity Corporation was founded in 2007 to commercialize a new technology for wireless electricity invented and patented two years earlier by a team of physicists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), led by Professor Marin Soljačić. Professor Soljačić and team proved the magnetic fields of two properly designed devices with closely matched resonant frequencies can couple into a single continuous magnetic field, enabling the transfer of power from one device to the other at high efficiency and over a distance range that is useful for real-world applications.Dubbed “highly resonant wireless power transfer” – or “WiTricity®” for short – the team demonstrated WiTricity technology by illuminating a 60 watt light bulb from a power source over 2 meters away (as published in the prestigious journal Science in July 2007). More important than simply proving they could illuminate a light bulb, the experiment validated their theoretical models of how electric power is wirelessly transferred as a function of the geometry, distance, and electrical properties of the devices used.As the exclusive licensee of this patented MIT intellectual property, WiTricity technology will be the medium that ties our existing electric grid to a broad range of mobile and wireless devices—and enables the development of radically new and improved consumer, commercial, and industrial devices. WiTricity Corporation is actively developing the core technology and additional intellectual property that will take this spectacular invention and apply it into commercially available products. Our mission is to develop a family of wireless power components that will enable designers and manufacturers in a broad range of industries to make their products truly “wireless.”