WiseBanyan is the first free online financial advisor. WiseBanyan is powerfully disrupting the established order in financial services. By giving access to investing to everybody, we are seriously impacting existing financial services firms (banks) ability to charge outside commissions – they have taken notice, and we love it! Our mission is to help everyone achieve their financial goals, and this starts with investing as early as possible. In order to create the next-generation consumer finance company, we have built a multidisciplinary team bringing together deep financial expertise, data-driven consumer internet capabilities, and world-class design and development knowledge. WiseBanyan will be the next great consumer internet company, and it starts by building a business that is consumer first.
We are looking for a talented back-end developer to join our team. We are engineering focused and product driven. You will be responsible for building infrastructure and products that will be integral to scaling WiseBanyan. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team making a product that will directly impact one of the most important parts of people’s lives – their finances.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented PHP
- MVC framework (we use Laravel, woo!)
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with Mysql master/replication setups
- Experience with key value stores like redis and memcached
- Experience with background processing
- Experience with TDD and PHPUnit
- Self motivated and the ability to work independently
Bonus points for more awesomeness:
- Experience with Ruby, Node.js, or GO
- Moderate practical experience with CSS+html.
- Opportunity to build a company with the founding team
- Competitive salary + stock options (you’ll have a stake in the future success of WiseBanyan)
- Paid vacation days
- Dream big and be a part of a company that will change the future of finance
How to apply
If this position sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your resume (and portfolio or any representative work product) to email@example.com