WeWork is looking for a talented and passionate Community Manager. This full time position is based in Boston, MA and will report directly to the City Lead. Our team adds a personal touch to each of our buildings and we’re committed to empowering our members in every way. We keep our buildings full of amazing small businesses and entrepreneurs by making inspiring first impressions with everyone we meet. We’re the heart and soul of the WeWork experience.
Goals: Lead the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and personal introductions
- Maintain 100% occupancy and achieve target sales goals
- Ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Drive growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
- Effectively manage a team to ensure a healthy and growing community
- Solve member related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Take responsibility for sales and community dynamic
- Communicate with Operations and Maintenance to ensure highest level of member satisfaction
- Generate leads and conduct tours to execute on sales strategy and work towards/maintain 100% building occupancy
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports that outline progress of your building and community
- Mentor a team of 2-4 to reach sales goals and execute on all objectives
- When necessary, promote current and hire new employees on your team
What you’ll do:
- Join a fast-growing movement. Empower people to do what they love everyday.
- Connect members to build their businesses and make meaningful connections.
- Inspire your team by exemplifying your role and mentoring your team to do the same in theirs.
- You’re not perfect and neither are we, but you’re authentic in all you do.
- You own your mistakes, learn and move forward at a fast-pace.
- You represent an effective leader and role model for those you manage
- Do not take success for granted. You celebrate not only your own accomplishments but also those around you.
- Appreciate our community and make every member feel welcomed and appreciated.
- Bring members together through planning, hosting events and following up post-events.
- Never settle. You get things done and get them done well.
- You always face anything with 100%.
- Meet demanding sales goals to maintain 100% occupancy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that can bring our community together. Ability to make members feel comfortable and supported, to mediate disputes, and to foster connections is paramount.
- Natural leader: can collaborate with team while also taking charge
- Effectively manage, encourage and critique a team to perform to full potential
- You’re a creator, a leader, and a self-starter. WeWork’s incredibly fast growth means hard work and plenty of room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company.
- You train your team in innovative and creative ways to build creators, leaders and self-starters who can grow with the company
- You’ll constantly execute new ways to sell space and build community
Attributes and Qualifications to help you be successful:
- Do what you love!
- Sales experience needed
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding and experience managing a team of 2-4 people
- Business operations, project management and customer service experience a plus
- Cold calling/e-mailing experience a plus
- A love of working with people
- College Degree
- Be a part of a start up company that is growing quickly and expanding to new markets around the world.
- Incredible employee team-building events like the WeWork Ski Trip, WeWork Summer Camp, and WeWork Halloween.
- Full suite of employee benefits package that includes Health/Vision/Dental
- Discounts on Zipcar, hotels, gym memberships and more
WeWork is the community of creators. We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and technology to our members. Our mission is to empower people everywhere to do what they love. We’re a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who instill the idea of working better together in everything that we do. Our success is the result of our collaboration: talented and outstanding team members who always challenge convention. We have over 14,000 members in our community that spans cities around the world.