Web Development Immersive (WDI) is a full-time, 40+ hour per week, 10 week long web development bootcamp for aspiring developers. Our creators (students) come from all over the world with incredibly diverse backgrounds. Creators learn about front-end and back-end technologies, programming fundamentals, software architecture, design and theory, and what it’s like to be a professional web developer. The format is hands-on, project-based with a focus on building a portfolio of production grade web applications. It is much more like an apprenticeship than a traditional educational experience.
About The Role:
As manager of the program, you oversee all aspects of WDI. We pride ourselves on delivering an unmatched student experience, it is your mission to ensure WDI embodies this in every way. From curriculum design and lesson planning, to managing educators and organizing extracurricular activities, you will have the opportunity to play a significant role in the direction and evolution of the program. You will be the face of the program.
- Managing, coaching and motivating a team of 4-6 educators and 18-24 creators
- Overseeing the development and iteration of curriculum
- Organizing all extracurricular activities for creators outside of core class hours
- Gather weekly feedback from students and educators and implement changes based on that feedback to iteratively improve the program in real time
- Conduct weekly review and feedback sessions with educators
- Providing weekly progress updates to the BrainStation management team
- Create and implement the processes to formalize WDI into a project that can be expanded into other domains (Mobile Development Immersive, Digital Design Immersive) and to our other campuses across the globe
- Know all creators from the WDI program by name, and be in the classroom regularly to support them along with educators on their journey to becoming great developers
- Technical Role Requirements:
- Passion, knowledge and involvement with digital products
- Experience as a full stack developer
- 5+ years proven management experience of large or diverse groups
- Education and teaching experience a huge asset
- Startup experience a huge asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to manage complex projects and delegate
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills
- Extraordinary “Creator” interaction, organizational and time management skills
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong digital tools skills – Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe, Keynote
Who You Are:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the BrainStation culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal crusher)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun
- You’re an egoless leader that’s open to action oriented feedback
- You can organize, motivate and mentor a team
- Incredibly passionate about education, teaching, mentorship and empowering others
- Driven to learn, excel, and succeed
- A passion for creating great product/service experiences
- Never stop learning – all BrainStation full-time members have access to our part-time evening courses!
- Be part of an organization that is leading innovation in education
- Positively impact the lives of thousands of creators
- BrainStation swag
- Monthly socials
- Access to events
- Join the BrainStation team!
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Founded in 2012, BrainStation is a progressive educational institution that is powering the next generation of creators. Fuelled by Konrad Group, a global leader in the consumer and enterprise technology space, BrainStation’s curriculum is developed and updated in real-time based on what's happening in the industry. BrainStation is education for the 21st century, where business, creativity and technology collide.