As the VP of Product Development, the individual will be a part of the curriculum development team. He/she will be responsible for building, developing and overseeing both online education materials and lesson plans. The VP of Product Development will lead a team of Educational Consultants who are responsible for managing multiple projects, ensuring course content is presented in a manner that is appropriate for the learner and employing formal instructional design methods and techniques.
- Lead product development team’s initial inception to final product, including defining strategy, establishing curriculum goals, and achieving program milestones
- Lead new curriculum design with focus on ESL Adult Education
- Provide market insight for future product design to ensure they meet brand standards and consumer needs
- Conduct technical, competitive, and trend analysis to identify and evaluate potential products as well as needs analysis in existing techniques and curriculum
- Conduct environmental scans to identify best practices, development and engagement opportunities
- Partner with publishers to ensure products are catered for global market in a timely manner
- Work closely with English Tutors, Chinese Teachers, and internal employees to maintain clear understanding of products
- Work collaboratively with the marketing department to identify selling points of products
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in English education
- 2+ years’ experience in leading and managing related product development
- Experience in Adult Education
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design along with experience and familiarity in designing ESL adult curriculum system
- Master’s degree in field related to Curriculum Design or Education or comparable professional experience
- Passion for creating or designing high-quality online English courses and learning experiences
- Specific knowledge of curriculum and instructional design and measurement of learning
- Willingness to be an entrepreneurial problem-solver
- Adeptness with and enthusiasm for working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or other educational technology tools.
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage a team and leverage company resources
- Mandarin-speaking is an asset
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems or other educational technology
- Experience in working in non-native English-speaking countries, or working closely with non-native English-speakers
- Experience teaching at the secondary level in online or blended learning environments or experience mentoring faculty in course mapping and online course conversion.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your cover letter and resume in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About GVE Online Education
Golden Voice English Online Education (GVE) - Reinventing e-learning with a fresh and engaging way for children, grades 1-9, to learn to speak English fluently.