Booker is transforming the way local services are managed by businesses and discovered by consumers. Booker replaces everything from manual methods to disconnected software, and unifies the essential components of running a service business into a single web-based platform, accessible from any device. Booker also enables service business to sell their services online, through their website and a network of partner sites and apps, creating a seamless online booking experience for consumers. Booker processes over 3M appointments each month across 9000+ clients in 75 countries. Headquartered in New York City, Booker’s customers include Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of local service businesses.
Booker’s continued success is highly reliant on the retention, growth and satisfaction of our customers. While we understand that creating raving fans requires solid execution across all business units, the VP, Customer Experience spearheads this effort by serving as the primary Voice of the Customer and advocating for the customers’ needs throughout the organization.
The VP, Customer Experience heads up the Customer Experience (CE) team which is comprised of Implementation, Training, Support and Customer Success. Booker’s customers range in size from single provider businesses up through large, multi-location franchises. The ideal candidate for this role understands the challenges and differences represented by each client segment and has experience in both the small and medium sized business (“SMB”) and Enterprise account segments.
In addition to providing leadership for an 80-person organization, the VP, Customer Experience has Board-level accountability for continued improvement of key metrics including client retention, customer satisfaction and operational excellence. To achieve this, this VP, CE is responsible for working cross-functionally to rollout new processes & systems to increase automation and encourage self-service while maintaining a consistent service level.
Key duties include:
- Serve as the leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering decisions that will impact the customer
- Continue to make improvements across the dimensions of people, process & technology with the goal of improving the customer experience and impacting key business metrics
- Support the CE Managers with the day-to-day management of their teams & provide assistance with customer escalations
- Track and manage departmental KPIs including client retention, onboarding throughput and case management statistics
- Continue to optimize the use of existing support channels including chat, email and phone
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team for increased effectiveness and efficiency, driving productivity initiatives
- Use business analytics and intelligence to provide insight to all relevant stakeholders to create and drive change to improve the customer experience and build customer loyalty
- 10+ years of experience in B2B customer advocacy with increasing levels of leadership and responsibility in the SMB segment
- Demonstrated strength in developing a strong customer rapport and effectively diffusing customer escalations
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing customer engagement programs and a variety of support tools and channels
- Prior experience managing programs in complex software product support environments
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire people
- Demonstrated ability to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully influence direct reports, peers and senior leadership
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to drive decisions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
Booker is an all-in-one local service commerce platform.We help business owners grow their customer base, book appointments, process payments, manage employees, and build long-term client relationships.We enable our clients to get a complete view of their entire business in one place.