Do you want to work in a fast paced startup environment growing 100% YoY that is also backed by Bain Capital Ventures amongst other A-list venture capitol firms that also happens to be led by one of the top VC Managing Directors named to the Forbes ‘Midas List’? Do you have passion for delivering the highest quality software for the end user? Do you want to enable Engineering to create and deliver a world-class platform that will differentiate VMTurbo from our competitors? Do you want to own your career and drive your success as far as you want it to go? If your answer is yes! Then please read on.
As a Software QA Engineer at VMTurbo, you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery of and to improve the quality of VMTurbo products. You will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test strategies in an agile development environment. You will be part of an Engineering team that is working on and solving today and tomorrows problems in areas such as Cloud Computing, Virtualization, SDN, Containers, and the Software Defined Data Center. Your focus will be finding bugs in Systems testing using conventional and unorthodox approaches, and your contributions will have an immediate positive impact on our all of our current and future customers. On top of all this – our R&D department has several Ph.D staff where you’ll have direct access to some of the brightest minds in the industry every day in our highly collaborative office space.
- Testing the VMTurbo Platform with hands-on exposure to cutting-edge Cloud, Virtualization, and Software-Defined-Datacenter technologies (e.g. VMWare ESX, Microsoft HyperV, OpenStack, SDN, Docker, etc.)
- Test execution and thorough documentation of testing actives (bugs, test cases, results, etc.)
- A strong desire to learn and gain new technical skills
- Can work well in a team as well as individually
- Self-motivated Self-starter with a can-do attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or a combination of equivalent practical experience and education.
- Relevant internship or work experience
- Experience writing traditional test cases, executing tests, writing and maintaining bug reports, etc.
- Experience with Server and Client side testing is a must
- Experience with source-control systems (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a technical leader
- Experience or familiarity with Linux Operating Systems
- A-Player who goes above and beyond (e.g. takes direction and runs with it)
- Knowledge of Software Testing methodologies – or willingness to learn
- Is both task and detail oriented
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, EE or related technical field.
- Very good to excellent knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Development skills in Java, or Python – or desire to learn
- Scripting skills in Perl, Shell, etc. – or desire to learn
- Knowledge and experience with any combination of Virtualization, Cloud computing, Storage, and Networking – a big plus
VMTurbo is hiring Software QA Engineers at all career and experience levels.