VMTurbo, a leader in the virtualization management software space, most recently named to Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List at number 26, is seeking a Project Manager. Project Managers are leaders, facilitators and synthesizers. We’re looking for a team player that has a strong sense of accountability and leadership – someone who is passionate about meeting and exceeding our goals, while ensuring the success of our releases.
- Responsible for project engagement tasks like kick-off, discovery and working closely with our internal technical teams and product management to define and manage project strategy and scope.
- Responsible for quality of project delivery and associated project deliverables. Deliverables range from business requirements and technical specification documentation to managing projects in Jira.
- Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, milestones and provide clear communication between product management and internal technical teams.
- Communicate project direction, approach, process, priorities, risk and status to the team and product management.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed on time
- 5+ years of project management experience and some relevant experience in working with startups and small company environments.
- Experienced in metrics driven approaches to Agile project management.
- Experience with full service full cycle engagement: Discovery, Define, Design, Develop, Deployment.
- A solid understanding of the development process: Agile Scrum, Rapid Development, Iterative and Integrated approach.
- The ability to facilitate and manage communication between product management, design and development teams to define a product’s requirements.
- A solid understanding of open source systems or enterprise level content management systems.
- Experience organizing and managing projects with online project management tools (Basecamp, ActiveCollab) and agile tracking software (Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, etc.)
- JIRA experience is a must
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS
- Background in strategy, innovation, software product, or startup.
- Aptitude for recognizing areas of improvement and providing leadership in process and technical improvements.
- CSM/PMP certifications are a plus.