CraftJack is a great place to work. We’re a small team solving real problems, established and profitable and reaching millions of consumers each month. At CraftJack, your voice will be heard, your work will be seen, and the results will be immediately apparent. We have a beautiful, recently renovated office in Evanston, just a few blocks from the lake and directly across the street from both Metra and CTA (and a Starbucks with a Clover machine!). We collaborate openly and treat each other respect. And we like to have our fun.
CraftJack is currently looking for a visual/web designer. You would not be joining a team of designers, or leading a team of designers: You are the designer, working closely with a talented, dedicated group of technology and product professionals to build great experiences.
If you have the following characteristics, we want to hear from you:
- You have an innate, sharp aesthetic and sense of style, and a passion for design.
- You have a positive outlook and personality, able to give and take constructive criticism.
- Rather than quietly agonizing over every design detail, you seek perfection through collaboration, experimentation and continual iteration.
- You understand that a product’s design is never “finished,” and that the true power of great design lies in optimization.
- You’re a juggler, able to handle multiple projects at once, meet deadlines and keep your collaborators and stakeholders flush with beautiful designs.
- As part of a small, focused team, you’re ok being the thinker and the doer.
- Develop and maintain a robust style guide for all of our consumer- and business-facing products.
- Create visual designs for web, mobile, email and, occasionally, print collateral.
- Work closely with UX, Product, Engineering and key stakeholders to iterate on designs.
- Provide graphic design support to marketing, operations and other stakeholders.
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups for vetting and user testing, and finished .psd files for development.
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Fluency in responsive web design required; experience with mobile apps a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator) is required
- Experience working on two-sided businesses (B2B and B2C), and experience in lead generation products, a strong plus
At CraftJack, our vision is to provide unparalleled customer service and outstanding products that help home improvement professionals navigate through the ever-changing digital marketplace, with the ultimate goal of connecting these professionals easily and cost-effectively to homeowners in need of their services.