Role and Responsibilities
Vice President, Sales is a hands-on role for an experienced sales executive. This position is currently an individual contributor role reporting directly to the CRO. Ultimately this position could take on subordinates as the organization grows. This individual will interface heavily with both clients and the Sales Team to grow the business.
- Deliver Revenue: Responsible for selling the full outsourced solution into the C-suite or an ‘a la carte’ single line of business to procurement. In addition, this position is responsible for generating revenue from base business organic growth as well as from referrals.
- Maintain Customer Relationships: Maintain and foster existing customer relationships via face-to-face appointments, phone conversations, and emails. Maintain ongoing communication with customers to understand their needs and provide solutions. Possess a thorough understanding of the customer’s structure and leadership, with the ability to influence key decision makers. Demonstrate solution and value proposition and deal with customer issues, questions, and uncertainties. Identify and deliver on any opportunities to increase SMS Assist’s suite of offerings to existing customers.
- Manage Install base – Maintain relationships with the current install base and look to expand services in each account.
- Keep Current on Industry/Customer Data: Maintain up-to-date, detailed customer knowledge and industry data. Read and research all relevant trade and industry materials, publications, news, etc. Serve as an active member of groups and associations related to the industry and relevant customers. Must be a ‘student’ of the Facilities, retail, and other related industries. Must maintain current knowledge of trends and competitive activity impacting existing and potential customers.
- Participate in Pipeline Management: Responsible for updating all sales initiatives by category, customer and status in salesforce.com. Utilize reporting to gain an understanding of which prospects are in various stages of the selling process. Use appropriate selling strategies and techniques to engage clients at all stages of the pipeline, and identify and address any weaknesses in the strategy.
- Operate within the Organization’s Financial, Legal, and Ethical Policies: Responsible for driving the growth of revenue and profit originating from the Sales department. Manage the Sales P/L.
Key Relationships and Partners:
- Customers, Chief Revenue Officer, Marketing Organization, Customer Support Organizations, Channel Organization
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong sales background with 5-10 years of domestic sales experience
- Experience selling a national outsourcing platform is a plus
- Experience in selling complex solutions to specific Industries including Retail, Restaurant, Quick serve, Financial Services, Real estate/REIT, or any other multi- site organizations with a high volume of remote locations
- Value based technology solution selling a plus
- Must welcome responsibility, challenge, and decision-making
- A strategic thinker who can contribute to a sales strategy while also being tactical and hands-on in the rollout of operational initiatives
- Domestic travel upwards of 30%
- Relocation to Chicago, Illinois or surrounding area is possibly preferred depending on role and responsibility, but not required
About SMS Assist
SMS Assist is revolutionizing multisite property management using our unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform. SMS Assist provides a fully managed business solution to more than 90,000 client locations with a network of over 20,000 affiliate subcontractors. Using its unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform, SMS Assist continuously reduces client costs to maintain their properties, while improving service quality and speed of delivery. SMS Assist is a Pritzker Group portfolio company.