The Programs team (internally referred to as The Sherpas, as a hat tip to the Himalayan mountaineers who guide adventurers to the top of Everest) oversees VFA Fellow training and education, including our legendary five-week summer Training Camp. Our team also connects Fellows with VFA’s broad network of entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors.
We’re currently seeking someone to serve as a first point of contact for Fellows and alumni of the program, helping resolve and manage challenges, keeping in touch with them personally, planning events in their cities, and tracking and reporting to help improve how we train and develop them as young professionals and future entrepreneurs. There’s a lot to get done, and a lot of opportunity to take ownership over projects and innovate on what we’re doing.
- Are very intuitive, and possess a high processing speed
- Are adaptable and flexible in every situation. Able to work across teams with varying goals.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism, but aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself
- Are able to work with little direction and take a proactive approach to most everything. Scrappy is your middle name.
- Feel there is no task too small
- Give everything 10% more than it requires
- Are a top-notch phone, in-person, and e-mail communicator
- Are adept at delivering critical feedback constructively
- Have at least 2 years professional experience
- Know a few things about startups and students
- Have a BA/BS Degree
- Experience teaching or with implementing curriculum a plus
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the first line of defense/routing system for all Fellow needs and issues
- Identify and implement methods to support Fellows as we scale
- Analyze and implement ongoing Fellow education, from webinars, to courses, to Fellow-led sessions, and beyond
- Coach and help solve Fellow challenges and work with the team to craft solutions to more substantive problems
- Create and improve on materials that can help Fellows tackle common problems, from professional to personal
- Manage in-city events, contacts, and programs scheduling for VFA cities
- Write, speak, and travel with passion and purpose
- Contribute to all aspects of VFA, from selection to startup partnerships to fundraising
The good stuff:
- High performers at VFA are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop
- You’ll earn a competitive salary
- We have health, dental, and vision benefits
- You’ll suddenly have less trouble getting out of bed and going to work in the morning
About Venture for America
Venture for America is a startup nonprofit that recruits, selects, and trains elite recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of front-lines experience, and provides access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for someone to jump in and make a huge impact.