We’re currently seeking a highly motivated early-career professional to join us on our small but growing marketing team. We’re looking for an energetic, savvy, do-it-all comms and marketing guru who’s ready to dive in and help show the world how awesome VFA is.
- Are a professional or recent grad with experience in communications, marketing, writing, social media, or related.
- A perfectionist who has next-level organizational skills and detail-orientation. Typos make you sick.
- Can prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Feel there is no task too small.
- Not only have very strong writing skills, but you love doing it. Have the ability to produce compelling content quickly in the VFA brand voice, tell a story, and adapt your writing for different audiences.
- Have an eye for design, and strong skills in editing, proofreading, layout, and/or web publishing.
- Comfortable with social media and able to identify opportunities and channels for sharing content and engaging our audiences.
- Have good instincts. Only have to ask how to do something once (maybe twice).
- Have strong values alignment with VFA and our Team. Passionate about what VFA is doing and wants to share it with the world.
- Experience with design platforms, photo, and video editing is a huge plus.
What you’ll do:
- Work with different teams to create the high-quality content and materials each needs to accomplish its goals (including reports, press releases, blog posts, presentations, event messaging, e-mail campaigns, announcements and more).
- Design and update compelling collateral and materials for multiple departments (with a primary focus on Programs and Development).
- Manage VFA’s blog and social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and more) to amplify our message to the right audiences.
- Coordinate and execute PR/media initiatives.
- Produce and source content to tell the stories of our Fellows, companies, and cities.
- Be a gatekeeper and help ensure that everything VFA puts out there is on-brand and well-designed.
- Help with other comms and marketing initiatives as needed (website updates, e-mail marketing, and more).
- Create a system to keep VFA’s media organized. Occasionally capture photos or video footage at VFA events.
The good stuff:
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- We have fun, and laugh A LOT.
- High performers at VFA are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop.
- You’ll make a competitive salary.
- We have health, dental, and vision benefits.
- You’ll suddenly have less trouble getting out of bed and going to work in the morning.
About Venture for America
Venture for America is a startup nonprofit that recruits, selects, and trains elite recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of front-lines experience, and provides access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for someone to jump in and make a huge impact.