At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Developer to help us create one of the most sophisticated SaaS cloud technologies. We are seeking innovative, analytical software engineers with an aptitude for big data, machine learning and full-stack development who love to be continually challenged to create scalable and performant software solutions. You will work with our small team of passionate, talented software engineers who love solving hard problems to build highly scalable web services, reporting systems, business workflow software and so much more.
You are a well-rounded programmer, probably with one area of expertise and depth, but a passion for working throughout product stacks and with good global knowledge of how different layers of a software solution work together. You have a passion for new and emerging technologies and you are excited about taking risks when pushing the limits of what is possible. You love to work with and learn from a closely-knit team as you strive to grow and learn your own skill set.
- Write clean and elegant code
- Create robust, speedy production components and develop prototypes quickly
- Refactor, simplify and optimize code to develop features more effectively
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation and work cohesively to find solutions
- Contribute to building our environment that embraces continuous integration through the use of automated testing
- Think outside the box, adapting the latest software technologies while developing innovative functionality to improve software performance and usability
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Five or more (5+) years of programming experience and exposure to a variety of different programming languages with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals including software design, algorithms, etc.
- A passion for technology and a focus on keeping our stack current with the latest tools, libraries, frameworks, and trends in cloud technologies
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure your accommodation needs are met.
About Vena Solutions
We are one of the fastest growing companies in an ever-evolving industry and we strive to create simple solutions that leverage bleeding edge technologies in response to real business problems. We are passionate about continuous technological evolution, innovation, and teamwork and are constantly on the lookout for leaders who share these passions and who are looking to make their mark within this growing business space.