At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build the next generation operating platform to support Vena’s transition to a cloud-based SaaS product. You are a strong developer who loves to automate and creatively apply new technologies (Ansible, Docker) to help us solve challenging problems. You will help build our continuous delivery pipeline, improve deployment automation and build monitoring and reporting systems in production.
You are a well-rounded programmer and understand how to apply a systems view to software development that incorporates the people, software and infrastructure that is key to Vena’s business. You are an excellent communicator and are excited by the idea of working in a small team that is growing and learning together.
- Build and maintain a continuous delivery pipeline
- Build and improve on health monitoring and reporting systems
- Build and support deployment automation
- Maintain the health, stability and security of our Vena Cloud production environment
- Communicate proactively with other teams, develop best practices for documentation and knowledge sharing
- Build and improve on development tools and related workflows
- Work closely with Product Development, QA and Management to build a robust and scalable product and service offering with high customer satisfaction
- Think outside the box, adapting the latest software technologies while developing innovative functionality to improve software performance and usability
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Five or more (5+) years of back-end software programming experience in a production environment
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting software within a cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, or Go
- Experience working with at least one of the following databases: MySQL, SQL, or MongoDB
- Advanced knowledge of Linux system models and hands-on experience working within a Linux production environment
- Experience with system security hardening
- Strong network and performance analysis skills
- Comfortable at the command line
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across various departments and with all levels of management
- Exposure to automation engineering (i.e. Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting web-facing systems
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
About Vena Solutions
We are one of the fastest growing companies in an ever-evolving industry and we strive to create simple solutions that leverage bleeding edge technologies in response to real business problems. We are passionate about continuous technological evolution, innovation, and teamwork and are constantly on the lookout for leaders who share these passions and who are looking to make their mark within this growing business space.