We are looking for a savvy Marketing Communications professional with PR and social media experience. This is a unique opportunity to build and formalize an effective PR strategy from the ground up.
In this role, you will work across traditional PR as well as social media, including content creation, monitoring and reporting. We’re looking for someone with forward-thinking skills and initiative. You should be able to work independently, but also function in a team environment. This position will require you to handle a variety of tasks and be able to shift focus quickly. The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
· Creative, technical and PR writing, including media materials, key messaging, blog posts, internal communications, newsletters and more
· Media relations: create and maintain media lists; write media materials; draft media pitches; pitch media; coordinate media interviews; track media coverage and create media coverage reports
· PR and social media content development: identify news and other story angles; write engaging topics for editorial calendars and other social media efforts
· Conduct blogger outreach, including researching relevant bloggers and creating lists
· Assist with daily maintenance of social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Slideshare, Instagram ensuring brand consistency
· Conduct market and industry research
· Assist with trade show and marketing events
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Journalism or other related field.
· 1-3 years of experience in public relations and social media as part of marketing communications team in a B2B business environment. Please note this is not an entry-level position and that we will be looking for experience.
· Required skills include Microsoft Office, Hootsuite, CMS, specifically Drupal
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· In-depth knowledge and use of PR and social media platforms for branding and communications
· Self-motivated, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Experience in a team environment
About Ve Interactive
Ve is a technology company offering a suite of proprietary apps across one platform, which help online businesses successfully reduce bounce rate, increase customer engagement and minimize website abandonment. We are continuously growing and building our team based in Boston where we have operations for Sales, Marketing, Account Management, and Technical Services.