The Nerdery is looking for a highly motivated and passionate user experience designer to be responsible for crafting the architecture and user experience of our projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The Nerdery’s UX team covers a broad spectrum of practice areas including: discovery and analysis, user research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding encompassing multiple practice areas, or a deep and focused understanding of a single facet. We strongly emphasize user-centered design methodologies, so an ability and desire to justify design decisions with supporting research is a must.
Please attach your resume to the online application in PDF format and upload or provide us with a link to an online portfolio of any interactive work you’ve done.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions for a multitude of platforms including Android, iPhone, Facebook, Twitter and other emerging technologies
- Experience designing interfaces beyond simple brochure sites
- Analyze and understand business and application requirements, prioritize and identify user tasks and goals
- Develop a wide range of visual deliverables corresponding to your practice area: key insights documentation, affinity diagrams, user personas, research plans, prototypes, and visual design concepts are all examples of documentation we produce on a daily basis
- Work effectively within technical, creative, and budgetary constraints
- Adapt to a wide range of project types and timeframes
- Quickly and efficiently identify and prioritize requirements across multiple projects
- Think critically and creatively while maintaining close attention to detail
- Possess a high aptitude for learning
- Possess a natural inclination towards user experience and general usability, ensuring quality accordingly
- Communicate clearly and concisely through both written and verbal means
- Proficiency with a variety of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Visio or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in relevant field or 3+ years experience as a front end developer, information architect, interaction designer or related role
- Experience working with developers
- Experience leading creative teams
- Experience with research techniques such as: usability testing, site analytics interpretation and contextual inquiry
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
We create web, mobile, user experience design, and application solutions We've outgrown seven offices since we started in 2003 and are bursting at the seams with technical experts because we've faithfully pursued our vision: be the best place in the world for nerds to work. It comes naturally to us, being founded by three programmers, to make a nerd-friendly environment – that's what we've done for our hundreds of employees. Sure, we have a dog-friendly workplace, a perpetual chess tournament and a 250-seat Rock Band venue, but the most critical ingredient in keeping an army of technical geniuses happy (other than caffeine) is compelling problems to solve. Luckily, our unique business model ensures that we never run short on interesting problems to sink our teeth into. We consult with our partners on tech strategy, user experience design, development and quality assurance. Sticklers on details, you can count on nerds when it comes to numbers – we have the data to prove it.