Description: If you have the drive and motivation to work with a team of software developers to deliver cutting edge products to the Global 1000 business community, then please read on.
You will be part of a team designing, prototyping, implementing and testing next generation Cloud and Grid Solutions using Univa UniCloud and Univa Grid Engine. The successful candidate will be an experienced Web GUI developer who has delivered complete web portals interfacing to backend RESTful web services written in Python, Java or other server side technologies such as node.js.
You must have a passion for delivering cutting edge technology ahead of the curve and before your competitors can beat you to it. You will work with a global team of technical professionals who have been delivering innovative virtualization, clustering, cloud and data center management solutions for almost 20 years.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
· Minimum 2 years of experience in software development
· Demonstrated experience delivering quality products on time according to plan
· Development experience with Python, C/C++, Java
· Experience Prototyping and developing Graphical User Interfaces using Web Technologies
· Multiple UNIX operating system experience including Linux (CentOS, RedHat, SuSE, Fedora, and others) both 32 and 64-bit, and Solaris. Other UNIX vendors a plus
· Software development tools such as: GIT, JIRA, Fisheye, Eclipse
Skills That Would Be a Big Plus
· Experience with Grid Engine or with competitive schedulers such as LSF and PBS
· Networking experience in TCP/IP, Socket.io
· Database experience with Postgres, MongoDB
· Experience with high performance computing
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
· Experience with Grid computing
Univa is one of the fastest growing software technology companies based in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA, with offices in Markham, ON, Canada, and Munich and Regensburg, Germany. We have recently been awarded in 2013 by HPCWire for “Top 5 Vendors to Watch.” The company has cultivated a fast-paced and challenging atmosphere that is truly rewarding. Our software is the backbone of innovations that touch the daily lives of everyone such as engineering design simulations for smart phones, predictions for the earth’s climate, aerodynamic simulations for Formula 1 racecars, visual effects for movies and new breakthroughs in drug discoveries.An Equal Opportunity Employer Univa is an equal opportunity employer that offers employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:· Competitive salary· Company-paid life and disability insurance· Healthcare, dental and vision care plans The CultureWe are all dedicated to building Univa one employee at a time by hiring talented, creative, and motivated individuals. Every team member at Univa is empowered to contribute to our goals and each is given ownership in Univa - which creates a passionate work environment.Being part of an emerging high-tech industry requires vision, passion, and creativity. The culture at Univa embraces all of these. Working for Univa means being surrounded by people who neither accept the status quo nor what 'worked in the past'. We do not encounter obstacles - only opportunities to do things a new way.