Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will report to and work closely with the Manager/Director of Provider & Student Support
- Review, categorize, and respond to support inquiries coming in via email and/or through our online support ticket apparatus
- Respond to calls and make callbacks on the toll-free support lines for both Provider and Student Support
- Participate as a live chat representative, fielding inquiries from prospective and active student account holders on the main page at http://www.tutor.com
- Monitor the real-time tutoring service queue and work quickly to address staffing shortfalls or other anomalies that impact service to our students
- Participate in weekly meetings, both with the support team and with the entire department, to discuss current priorities as well as short and long-term planning.
- Assist other members of Provider Management with recruitment, onboarding, exam preparation, and other tasks as necessary.
- Possess a degree from an accredited 4-year institution, or currently an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited 4 year institution.
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
- An interest in education, marketing, technology or business.
- Ability to learn and master various policies and procedures and to communicate up-to-date, accurate information to our providers and clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers in a team-oriented environment
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude who shows initiative
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary admin tools
- High volume Customer Service experience a plus
- Must be able to work a Monday – Thursday daytime shift plus Sunday evenings
- Preferably located in the greater NYC area, and can report to the NYC office Mon-Thu
- Ability to reliably work as a remote employee on Sunday evenings
Tutor.com is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. Tutor.com considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Tutor.com is an award-winning online homework help and learning service that connects students to a certified tutor for one-to-one help. Tutor.com is offered at over 2,000 public libraries, universities and schools across the country as well as the Department of Defense. Our network of over 2,200 expert tutors has conducted over 9 million sessions. Tutor.com provides a quality educational service to millions of students worldwide.Provider Management, the department which oversees onboarding, recruitment, and support for thousands of our tutors – as well as manages customer support for our hundreds of thousands of students in our various institutional and direct consumer markets – is seeking an Associate who is well-versed in Customer Support and can manage the needs and requests of both clients and providers in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment