Tutor.com is looking for entry level sales candidates to support our remote sales team in the Higher Education market. The Higher Education Sales Associate will be a key member of our sales team responsible for supporting one to two Sales Directors with sales-related activities. Along with supporting a Sales Director’s pipeline and pipeline development activities, the position will also get the opportunity to develop, manage and close selected sales opportunities.
- Support a Sales Director’s pipeline and pipeline development activity by setting appointments, building presentations, producing proposals, sending materials, conducting demonstrations and any such related activities as directed by the Sales Director
- Coordinate with the Sales Director to strategically plan for the Director’s sales travel within a territory to maximize first-time target account meetings as well as advancing those opportunities already in the pipeline
- Conduct prospect, state and college system research at the direction of the Sales Director
- Support upcoming higher ed conference and conference related events by researching, planning, prospecting and setting meetings for the Sales Director(s) within target accounts
- Coordinate on behalf of the Sales Director with Tutor.com hosted events such as webinars to invite target accounts and conduct appropriate post event follow up
- Research and work towards Tutor.com participation in college and system officer/board meetings where companies may attend and do presentations
- Manage territory-based incoming leads from Tutor.com marketing activities to ensure auto-generated and Sales Associate/Director actions are followed through
- Undertake sales cycle actions for selected account opportunities from start to close as assigned
- Participate in higher ed conferences as assigned
- Assist the Sales Director with territory communications such as drip campaigns, email campaigns, and related targeted actions
- Update SalesForce with account and opportunity actions
- Provide support to other higher ed sales objectives as assigned
- 2-3 years of business experience, ideally within a sales organization
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to professionally conduct high volume phone contacting actions for events, conferences, territory management and related sales objectives
- Strong expertise with MicroSoft Office apps -Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRMs like SalesForce a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn and grow within a corporate or sales organization
- Minimum travel requirements, most activity conducted through phone/email
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, liberal arts or a related field is required.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Disability (short and long term) options
- Paid PTO time (holidays, personal days, sick days)
- Unlimited free online tutoring for family
Tutor.com is a great place for talented, hands-on people who have a passion for education, and like to get things done. We’re a public company and a part of IAC, Inc., a world-wide provider of internet companies. We’re the world leader in live, online tutoring--our tutors have served over 11 million highly satisfied students. We have big opportunities, a remote sales team to pursue them, and we need a smart, proactive and detail-oriented NY-based sales associate to support the field Sales Directors in their sales responsibilities. This is an ideal entry sales position into a great company, with lots of growth potential. We’ll train you and provide the resources to become a success. If this sounds like a fun and rewarding challenge, we’d like to hear from you.