- Develop overall market road map including services, customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Craft market positioning and messaging to respond to a dynamic and competitive environment.
- Help train the sales and client care teams on effective positioning and messaging. Work closely with product management to roll out service enhancements to field and client services team and ensure that all marketing properties and collateral reflect changes.
- Provide field level sales support including leveraging your superior writing skills to create brochures, presentations and other collateral materials to inform the market about the benefits of our learning services.
- Lead effort to create and maintain a compelling website for Higher Ed resulting in increased engagement with visitors.
- Coordinate, manage, and write winning responses to RFPs from colleges and universities in collaboration with the Higher Ed Sales VP, Sales Director and other appropriate Tutor.com colleagues.
- Conduct competitive research and maintain up-to-date documentation that the team can reference on demand.
- Communicate with cross-departmental teams to help craft service and product solutions that meet market needs, increase revenues and provide a competitive advantage.
- Collaborate with Higher Ed client services to design reports, marketing programs and materials for our existing clients.
- Manage partnerships with Higher Ed associations and organizations and recommend an events calendar to the Sales VP for their conferences and related events that can target prospects and clients.
- Oversee the logistics, registrations, themes, booths and related activity for the schedule of conferences and events that the team will attend or exhibit at.
- Develop and maintain a marketing calendar of activities such as webinars, prospecting email campaigns, regular newsletters, conferences and other communications
- Develop and manage a client advisory council.
- 7-10 years of marketing experience. Higher Ed Marketing experience necessary.
- Marketing, product strategy and tactical execution experience.
- Excellent copywriting and communications skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with CRMs like SalesForce and contact management applications
- High energy and passion for educating students.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, education or a related field is required.
Tutor.com is a great place for talented, hands-on people who have a passion for education, and like to get things done. We’re a public company and a part of IAC, Inc., a world-wide provider of internet companies. We’re the world leader in live, online tutoring--our tutors have served over 10 million highly satisfied students. We have big opportunities, and we need a great marketer with strategic and tactical skills who can deliver vision and creativity, work hard, work smart, and keep multiple projects on track at the same time. If this sounds like a fun and rewarding challenge, we’d like to hear from you.Overview: Tutor.com is looking for an experienced, hands-on, marketer to focus on the Higher Education market. The Higher Education Marketing Director will be a key member of our team responsible for developing positioning and messaging for the higher education market, providing key market insight into product enhancements, supporting the sales and client care teams, and helping us hone our competitive strategies.