TodayTix is leading the mobile revolution for theatrical ticketing, an industry that has not modernized in decades. Riding the wave of tremendous growth in mobile sales, TodayTix is the only mobile-based platform for Broadway ticketing, a $1B industry in New York City alone. Designed for the way modern users plan and manage their time, TodayTix is focused on last-minute sales, capitalizing on remaining ticket inventory to discount prices and fill seats.
After launching just a few months ago in December, TodayTix now has over 100,000 users and has transacted millions of dollars in sales along with garnering major press attention, including Associated Press, Huffington Post, Entertainment Weekly, Variety, Crain’s, and more. TodayTix is growing rapidly. We are on track to launch in London by the end of the year, with additional cities to be rolled out next year. Our team is growing, too. Join TodayTix and grow with us!
About Our Team
TodayTix was founded last year by two Broadway producers and currently employs ~15 full-time employees. We come from diverse backgrounds in theater, investments, engineering, design, business development, and marketing.
About Our Platform
We build, develop and maintain in-house:
- Native Android & iOS client applications
- iOS-based kiosk application for self-service ticketing stations
- Back-end built on Groovy+Grails, served on Amazon Web Services (Cloud)
- PHP-based customer web site
Major ongoing and planned projects include:
- Building out robust multi-location support across platforms
- Rebuilding our web site with a CMS system and improved SEO
- Reengineering our seating chart system with much greater sophistication
- Some other super-secret stuff we can’t tell you about just yet
TodayTix offers competitive salary, early stage equity, 3 weeks vacation + holidays, healthcare (including dental & vision), life/disability insurance, commuter benefits, and more.
This is an engineering position for Java engineers that would work primarily on our server-side, back-end systems, which manages ticket allocation, app content, sales, users, and more. Our back-end is constructed using Groovy+Grails, but you don’t need to know Groovy (solid Java engineers can pick it up in just a few days).
- Can code in your sleep
- Understand computer systems at a fundamental level (how things work)
- Love solving problems
- Are outgoing and willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Experience with server-client communication/REST services, databases (MySQL) preferred