ThoughtWire is a dynamic start-up working on the leading edge of semantic and contextual computing. We are looking for a passionate senior software developer to join the core development team.
Our core team is a group of experienced developers working on challenging problems. We’re relentless about measuring what we do, making it better every day, and putting out a great product. New members of our team need to have the same curiosity and persistence to help us realize our vision. We test everything from the outside in so we need all team members to be experienced practitioners of test driven development. We support each other in everything we do and we need new team members who want to help.
- Product development experience at a software company
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent test driven development
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Excellent Java skills working on large multi-threaded projects
- Master at refactoring and ensuring continuous delivery of clean code
- Data modeling processes
- RDF and related standards
- Defining semantics using meta languages e.g. RDF or XML
- Asynchronous communication, SOA, REST, SOAP, or other.
- Continuous delivery environment
- SaaS product delivery using a public cloud environment
- Security design
- Design and testing for scalability and reliability in clustered environments
- 8+yrs Java experience
- 6+ yrs. servlet development experience
- 4+ yrs. Java web framework experience; Spring MVC, Struts, J2EE, Tapestry, etc.
- 4+ yrs. experience with Java application servers; Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Glassfish, etc.
- 4+ yrs. unit test experience
- 4+ yrs. Spring IoC experience
- 4+ yrs. relational database experience; Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, etc.
- 2+ yrs. XML and XML schema design
- 2+ yrs. RDF and OWL ontology design
- 2+ yrs. Maven project experience
- 2+ yrs. AJAX with asynchronous JSON
- 2+ yrs. rich client interface using AJAX and cloud services
- 2+ yrs. cloud systems deployment
- 2+ yrs. experience with a Java continuous integration process; Hudson, Bamboo, etc.