Rumie is currently looking for a developer to help with the software for our Android tablets. We are looking for talented and creative developers and designers who want to build something user-friendly and socially beneficial and have knowledge of the Android Operating System. If you are a creative, independent quick learner who takes pride in your work, we want you on our team.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of mobile applications development experience
- Experience with Java, Android Studio or Eclipse, Android SDK
- Knowledge of what OOP is and what to do with it
- Experience using code versioning systems like GIT
- Attention to detail
Nice to have
- Experience in automation testing or unit testing
- Experience with iOS Development
How to Apply
1) Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
2) Send us references of your previous work, if possible: GitHub, portfolio, link to apps, etc.
About The Rumie Initiative
The Rumie Initiative is a non-profit tech startup with a social mission: to make education cheaper, better and faster for communities around the world. Named the World’s Best Social Startup in 2014, Rumie delivers open-source educational content to those who need it by collecting and organizing free educational content on its web platform, the LearnCloud, and delivering curated libraries of content to offline communities on $50 tablets. Rumie Tablets are preloaded with high-quality, open-sourced digital educational resources and we distribute them to students through local partners. In late 2013, Rumie launched its first pilot project to Haiti. Today Rumie is working in ten countries and has partnerships with Harvard Business School, Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, Torys, Right-to-Play and more. The content we put on our devices comes from the Rumie LearnCloud, an online repository of free, offline-usable educational content. This is a platform built to channel the power of the ‘crowd’ to source, curate, rate and translate free educational content.