The Technical Support Representative will provide technical problem solving and support to Logentries customers, and act as a customer advocate inside of Logentries. Come join a dynamic startup while learning the latest technology, Big Data, Cloud based platforms, and business analytics. Logentries believes in delivering world-class customer service and proactive user assistance. The mission of the Technical Support Representative is to delight our users via all aspects of service and support across their Logentries experience. The face paced, startup culture of Logentries makes it the ideal place to advance your career and quickly gain experience in a vast variety of areas.
Goals & Responsibilities
- Provide courteous, efficient, and professional customer service and technical support to prospects, customers, and resellers – primarily over email
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Logentries service, its implementation & use within client environments
- Identify and suggest improvements to knowledge based articles, technical documents and other customer support materials.
- Reproduce and troubleshoot customer issues and provide direct assistance and issue resolution
- Understand customer use cases and develop feature requests
- Escalate issues to higher support tiers as necessary
- Liaise with Sustaining Engineering, Development, and Sales as the point of contact for all technical issues
Skills and Expertise Required
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient navigating and operating the UNIX command line
- Basic understanding of: Networking, Windows and UNIX operating systems in virtual or cloud based environments
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Basic understanding of scripting (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associate’s degree may be considered.
- 0-4 years experience in a technical support role
- Experience with any of the following: iOS/Android programing, JAVA, Ruby, or .NET
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.) and related services
- Previous helpdesk experience
- Experience using Excel, Python or R for data analysis
Logentries is the leading real-time log management and analytics service built for the cloud, making business insights from machine-generated log data easily accessible to development, IT and business operations teams of all sizes. With the broadest platform support and an open API, Logentries brings the value of log-level data to any system, to any team member, and to a community of more than 35,000 worldwide users. While traditional log management and analytics solutions require advanced technical skills to use, and are costly to set-up, Logentries provides an alternative designed for managing huge amounts of data, visualizing insights that matter,and automating in-depth analytics and reporting across its global user community.