Black Duck Software is seeking an exceptional Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support team! The Technical Support Engineer will provide email and telephone based technical and product usage support to Black Duck enterprise level customers and evaluators.
The ideal candidate has previous Technical Support experience with enterprise software application products and is a strong verbal and interpersonal communicator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide email/telephone based technical and product usage support to Black Duck enterprise level customers and evaluators
- Diagnose problems in a 3 tier environment that includes java and browser-based clients, an application server, and a back-end database
- Reproduce product issues for resolution by Engineering
- Provide product usage guidance
- Work with the pre-sales team to provide technical support for sales activities where needed
- Proactively provide online content, including solutions to common problems, preventative advice and answers to customer forum questions
- Disseminate potential sales opportunities
- Assist with customer communications including technical product announcements, shipping media, and upgrade recommendations
- Enhance customer satisfaction by timely responses, consistent communications, satisfactorily resolving each case and prompt escalation to support management when needed
- 1 or more years of customer technical support experience with enterprise software application products
- Previous experience troubleshooting complex software applications
- Previous experience troubleshooting customer code and providing small code samples
- Strong technical expertise in one or more of the following:
- Application Servers, particularly Tomcat
- C# or .Net programming
- Databases, SQL
- Linux shell and administration
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high level customer satisfaction
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The ability to ask questions, parse answers for facts and effectively provide next steps and action plans.
- Must be able to work off-hour shifts on an as needed basis
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.