Senior Graphics Software Engineer
Location: Markham, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Health Benefits and Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Sulon Technologies is redefining reality by changing the way we interact with our environment. We are creating advanced technology that combines Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality into a unique spatial experience that will leave you questioning what is real and what isn’t.
We are seeking a diligent Senior Graphics Software Engineer to focus on Virtual Reality (VR) graphics level programming as well as optimization, shaders, and rendering. This position will offer you the chance to work on developing and implementing new and creative algorithms to solve dynamic problems related to Sulon’s Cortex platform. If you are a fast-learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology, come join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Augmented Virtual Reality (AVR) technologies.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Your key responsibilities/accountabilities will consists of (but are not limited to):
· Leading the innovation and development of graphics engineering for VR.
· Participating in the development and implementation of creative and quality algorithms to solve dynamic problems.
· Contributing to the enhancement and maintenance of the graphics system to ensure Sulon’s products remain up to date with new improvements to graphics APIs.
· Conducting research and recommending best practices to incorporate new technologies to ensure Sulon is taking advantage of the latest industry hardware and software breakthroughs.
· Evaluating and testing drivers to achieve the highest technical quality capable in order to uphold the integrity of high-end gaming, and other visual stereo experiences.
· Performing other duties as required.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant field; Master Degree highly preferred.
· 4+ years of graphics programming experience using C/C++.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience programming modern 2D/3D graphics pipeline with Android, Linux, and Windows, using DirectX, OpenGL ES, and OpenGL API.
· 2+ years of experience with Kernel and user space driver development.
· Experience with GPU optimization, stereo display rendering, advanced rendering and algorithms, and latency optimization.
· Exceptional ability to write efficient, clean, maintainable and portable code.
· Working knowledge of algorithm implementation and deployment.
· Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
· Active learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start up environment.
· True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
· Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
NICE TO HAVE
· Working knowledge of AR and VR.
· Experience with game engine graphics pipeline.
· Experience developing Stereo3D and head-tracking algorithms for Head Mounted Displays.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Submit your application today and tell us why you want to be part of our “reality.” We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.