Computer Vision Engineer
Location: Markham, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Health Benefits and Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Sulon Technologies is redefining reality by changing the way we interact with our environment. We are creating advanced technology that combines Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality into a unique spatial experience that will leave you questioning what is real and what isn’t.
We are looking for an innovative Computer Vision Engineer who is both curious and courageous to experiment with new ideas, and create effective solutions. This is your chance to play with the untapped potential of Computer Vision and take ownership for the optimization of algorithms by controlling the performances of cameras, sensors and tracking technologies to create extraordinary immersive experiences. You will play an integral role in perfecting Sulon’s AVR platform, and unleash your own imagination in building the future of human interaction and how we live, learn, play and work.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Your key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· You will own the development of intricate algorithms to solve a variety of futuristic problems for the Cortex.
· You will be responsible to write high quality code capable of processing real time sensor data and optimized for software scalability.
· You will need to keep up with cutting-edge research and technologies in the field of Computer vision, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
· You will need to maintain a complex large body of software including the evaluation, testing and modification of algorithms for optimization and high performance.
· You will be working in a cross-functional team to help define, tune and profile software solutions on both PC and Android.
· You will be using computer vision to acquire, analyze and process real-time data while rapidly implementing algorithms to solve real world application needs.
· You will be responsible for the development of innovative HID (Human Interface Device) protocols between host and device to enhance human to machine interactions.
· Participating in the validation and review of existing solutions and brainstorming ideas to enhance algorithm performance and functionality.
· Performing other duties as required.
· Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
· Strong knowledge and experience with Computer Vision, computer graphics, machine learning, image processing and HCI development.
· Solid programming experience in C++ and Matlab with experience developing for mobile applications an asset.
· Excellent mathematics skills including statistical modelling to build, tune, profile and implement high speed and intelligent algorithms.
· Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
· Active learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start up environment.
· True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
· Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
NICE TO HAVE:
· Experience in AR and VR development on both PC and Android.
· Experience in OpenGL and 3D Programming.
· Experience with 3D simultaneous localization and mapping algorithms using (Depth Cameras, Structured Light, LIDAR or Kinect type sensors.
· Experience with motion tracking, depth sensing, high-speed camera systems and HID.
· Experience with hand pose, finger tracking, body tracking and hand-and-finger gestures.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Submit your application today and tell us why you want to be part of our “reality.” We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.