Senior 3D Artist and Animator
Location: Markham, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Health Benefits and Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Sulon Technologies is redefining reality by changing the way we interact with our environment. We are creating advanced technology that combines Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality into a unique spatial experience that will leave you questioning what is real and what isn’t.
We are seeking an imaginative Senior 3D Artist and Animator to work your magic of fusing your intuitive designs and concepts with your technical expertise to create highly-engaging VR and AR experiences for users. Your artistic vision and proven ability to understand the balance between visual sophistication and technical constraints will be needed to perform art management, including the budgeting of internal and external resources. This is an incredible opportunity to unleash your passion for experimenting and exploring the latest technologies to create unique AR and VR art assets that will redefine gameplay.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Key responsibilities/accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
· Leading a team of Artists and Animators to work on multiple projects to create amazing visual and gameplay experiences without overwhelming the platform’s technical limits.
· Collaborating with internal teams and external resources to produce art assets and environments for immersive 3D VR and AR experiences.
· Identifying and resolving technical problems with careful attention to achieve desired game quality and performance.
· Providing timely and constructive feedback to improve the creative process and ensure the visual and artistic direction are aligned with the overall vision.
· Managing art assets and the art pipeline including allocation of internal and external resources.
· Participating in user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designs and considerations to create enriching user experiences.
· Researching and implementing emerging technologies and techniques to enhance the game content creation process.
· Performing other duties as required.
· 5+ years of experience in 3D animation and creating high quality game ready 3D assets in the video game industry.
· Hands-on experience with a broad range of exceptional modeling abilities including conception, rigging, modelling, rendering, texturing, lighting and particle creation.
· Experience in designing with UI/UX in mind.
· Exceptional hands-on experience in 3D design and tools such as 3DS Max, ZBrush, Photoshop or comparable software.
· Proven experience managing and improving pipelines to achieve efficiency and remove bottlenecks as necessary.
· Experience in Unity 3D game engine, capable of importing assets and using animation editor.
· Must have shipped a minimum of two (2) PC/Console or high end 3D mobile Games.
· Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
· Active learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start up environment.
· True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
· Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
NICE TO HAVE
· Experience with Motion Capture and Animation clean up.
· Experience with game development using Unreal Engine 4.
· Experience working with AR and/or VR technologies.
· Experience with MAXScript.
· Real-time animation experience.
· Passion for gaming and/or early adopter of technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Submit your application today and tell us why you want to be part of our “reality.” We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.