The Marketing & Sales Director position is an important one for the organization as it will be a key driver for future growth of the organization. The company will rely on the candidate to execute its marketing and sales strategy and the candidate will have significant input in designing and improving the strategy.
· Drive the event marketing process throughout the organization
o Raising awareness about our events in the community to promote attendance
o Head direct email marketing to potential job seekers and startups
o Head social media marketing
o Partner with co-working spaces and other community organizations
o Coordinate with tech, entrepreneurship, startup groups and career service departments to tell them about our event
o Other methods / techniques at the discretion of
· Drive the sponsorship sales process throughout the organization
o Generate leads for sponsors interested in
o Create collateral needed for the sales process
o Relationship manager for current and prospective sponsors
o Setup meetings / calls for the CEO to close new sponsorships
· 3-7 years of experience in a sales and/or marketing role
· Event marketing or sponsorship sales experience strongly desired
· Hustler, ready to run through walls – need someone who is efficient and just executes
· Must be proactive about tasks and responsibilities
· Thinks of creative and innovative approaches to solve problems
· Reliable and Team player
· Positive attitude about the tasks and a selfless contributor
The position requires at a minimum 20 hours per week in our Boston based office.
About Startup Job Fair
Startup Job Fair LLC is a startup company dedicated to promoting and facilitating the efficient hiring of startup companies in local markets. The company was started in 2010 and now has events in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago and Toronto. The company is based out of Boston.