Our Staff Accountant is responsible for operational accounting activities necessary to produce accurate and timely financial statements. He or she records, analyzes, and verifies the accuracy of SG&A related transactions across all company, acts as an interface between various departments to ensure proper allocation and accounting for revenues and expenses, and continually monitors financial control processes to ensure that accounting transactions are executed in accordance with established standards of internal control.
On a typical day, you might:
- Prepare monthly journal entires and update various excel files.
- Ensure that accounting records and balance sheet are accurate and complete by analyzing transactions and the general ledger accounts. Recommend any needed reclassifications or adjustments.
- Assist with the review all fixed asset accounts in the financial statements.
- Recommend and implement process improvements Prepare and provide requested information for external auditors.
- Prepare account reconciliations as part of the month-end financial statement close process, including fixed assets, payroll, inventory, and other areas as applicable.
- Provide support to AP team in processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements
- Bank Reconciliations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Perform account analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations.
- Collaborate across operating functions and continue to identify process improvements.
- Perform special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Zero to two years of accounting/financial analysis experience with strong analytical ability
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
- Strong decision making ability and initiative.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- Must be open to and desire new challenges and evolving priorities
About Peloton Cycle
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.