Having already assembled an exceptionally skilled, diverse and passionate team of developers and data scientists, we are looking for world-class engineers that can (or are willing to learn how to…) do it all. From web front ends to regression models/classification algorithms, complex data visualizations to geospatial clustering, a full stack enterprise targeting platform to big data analytics, PlaceIQ software engineers live for huge challenges and know how to deliver in a fast paced, agile environment. Our unique culture breeds excellence and embraces creativity as we look to innovate and drive our business forward. If you have a passion for imagining and building technology solutions that will make an immediate impact in an untapped space, we want to talk to you!
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of proven development experience with Java and/or C/C++
- Scalable distributed algorithm design/implementation
- Database Systems (SQL+NoSQL)
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Background in applied mathematics/probability/statistics
- Experience with Hadoop/Big Data paradigms
- Python/Ruby scripting (specifically with Python “scientific” platform/Ruby on Rails)
- Machine learning algorithms
This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Salary/Equity compensation commensurate on experience.
Summary of your startupLeading CPG, retail, automotive, entertainment, consumer electronics, and other national brands and their agencies rely on PlaceIQ’s patented technology and suite of consumer discovery, engagement and activation solutions to engage with the right consumers and lead them to desired brand actions and destinations at unbeatable scale. PlaceIQ’s Place Visit Rate (PVR™) is already the standard for measuring real-world, in-store ROI, quantifying the value and effectiveness of advertising, targeting and messaging. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Palo Alto, Chicago, Detroit, and Boulder.