The Senior Project Manager role requires a combination of Technical and Client Engagement skills. Candidates for this role must combine tactical execution skills with strategic expertise to lead cross-functional teams from kick off through deployment. Project Managers are our client’s primary point of contact, so you must have strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical details into business terms.
The ideal Senior Project manager is able to juggle multiple priorities, which include but are not limited to; project planning, risk management, internal/external communication, and oversight of the software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand client requirements and prioritize them with cross-functional teams. We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who is a clear communicator, incredibly organized and demonstrates strong passion for project delivery.
- Take a prominent role in leading multiple software development projects in an Agile Development environment
- Lead the development process as a SCRUM team member with shared responsibilities in sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Assist in creating a more structured environment for managing these projects using best practice approaches
- Facilitate balancing of resources/demand and continuous prioritization of backlog
- Deliver complex projects on time, on budget, on quality
- Communicate project status including timeline, risks, delays, and the overall progress to select key stakeholders.
- Lead a project from start to finish, working with teammates from strategy, business analysis, development and quality assurance in a variety of projects.
- Act as a consultant to clients by understanding their expectations and requirements and effectively communicating across functional teams
- have a proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
- have a solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- have a prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects and iterative development practices. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
- have experience with JIRA or other Agile PM tracking tools
- have experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- have a balanced business/technical background:
- have a sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- have the ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
About The Hackerati
The Hackerati was founded as a platform for entrepreneurial engineers to develop and launch their own businesses through Hackerati Labs. Funding for these ventures comes from Engineering as a Service. This onshore, Agile, pay-as-you-go consulting model enables startups and large corporations alike to deliver advanced projects in Web, Mobile, Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, geospatial, and wearable technologies. We also offer entrepreneurial and technical training through Hackerati Academy. We strive to guide, teach, and enable hackers everywhere—starting right here in New York City.