At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering next-level tools that combine power with ease of use. More than any other team, the engineers who work on professional-grade video tools for creators have the opportunity to do way more than write code. On this team, you’ll balance user experience with extreme performance, and all while leading a team of highly motivated engineers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead and manage the Creator Tools team in development and technical decisions
- Drive the creation of high performance tools that combine scalability with user experience
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to lead projects from conception to launch, and then work hard on iterating further
- Identify areas for optimization from both a performance and development workflow perspective
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 5+ years technical experience working on consumer facing products
- Experience directly managing engineering teams and processes
- Strong experience developing within a dynamic web environment(PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- Ability to see the larger picture of how individual parts fit into the whole of a website and think in terms of how to scale those parts in the most efficient way possible
Vimeo is the high-quality home for videos and the people who love them. Our mission is to empower and inspire people around the world to create, discover, share, and even sell their videos — minus the interruptive advertising. We also aim to build the best tools in existence for professional video creators, including our completely open VOD platform. Vimeo is one of the world’s largest creative networks; we have over 40 million registered members and reach a global audience of more than 160 million each month. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.