What you’ll do:
- Work on a small team to create new, awesome features for our users
- Help solve large-scale, complex technical problems
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data
- Write efficient, maintainable code
- Own the release and testing cycles of your very own code
Who you are:
- Inquisitive. You’re an efficient and creative problem solver.
- Motivated. Innovative and resourceful, you never give up and are constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Chaos-loving. You don’t fold under pressure. Rather, you thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Python preferred, but not required
- Experience with Android or iOS development a plus
What we’re offering:
- Paid internship; minimum 12 week duration
- Daily, one-on-one mentorship from one of our senior engineers
- Fun, high-energy environment and casual dress code
- Incredible opportunity to get involved with one of Chicago’s leading startups
SpotHero is an on-demand parking app helping drivers find parking and reserve a spot up to 50% off with convenient garages, lots and valets. SpotHero allows you to search and book available parking options in Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Milwaukee, New York, Denver, Philadelphia, Newark, New Orleans, Minneapolis and Baltimore. By reserving your parking online ahead of time through SpotHero, you know exactly how much you're going to pay, and where you're going to park. You can view parking rates at different parking garages on the map that are near the address you're searching for. Happy Parking!