Software Engineers at Allure Security don’t work in a vacuum. You’ll play a major role in following through on projects, continually optimizing your prototypes from start to finish. If you like working on a team and building technology designed to not only improve interfaces but to help others ask better questions and make better decisions based on data – this is the place for you.
- Defining the look and feel of the application
- Working with world-class computer scientists to create compelling visualizations that enable users to understand complex human activity
- Working with Product Management to define the end-user’s workflow
- Collaborating closely with top engineers to implement and improve upon each other’s ideas
- Work alongside business and marketing staff to determine business requirements and rapidly translate them into final products
- Find creative solutions to business and technology challenges
- Work with automated build and unit testing platforms
- A self-motivated team player who thrives in an intellectually vibrant environment and loves consuming technology almost as much as creating it
- Someone with a solid understanding of programming principles and design patterns and are knowledgeable about programming languages, preferably including Java.
- Someone who has one or more of the following passions: drawn to tough engineering challenges; loves working with ‘big data’, like location signal data from over a billion Wi-Fi access points around the world; someone who can analyze very large location-based data sets.
- A fast learner with strong problem-solving and communication skills
YOU DEFINITELY HAVE:
- 2+ years of recent experience in hands-on software design and coding
- Strong OOP and software design ability; able to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- BS/BA in CS or equivalent experience or training
- Ability to write (shell/Perl/sql) scripts
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of client/server architecture, high-performance computing,
- Experience improving the design of an existing product, as well as imagining a new one
YOU IDEALLY ALSO HAVE:
- A history of working with large and varied data sets (visualizations of one or more of communications, cyber, financial, or physical data a plus, but not essential)
- Mobile experience
- Early start-up experience
About Alliure Security Technology, Inc.
Small startup creating innovative technology in the User Behavior Analytics (UBA) space. We work to protect your computer or device continuously, without any password for convenient, hassle-free protection. WE ARE CREATORS We believe in a world where everyone is free to create — whether pioneering biomedical research, making a movie, or building an app. Security shouldn't get in the way of innovation, but should evolve to fit our needs. We make security for people, not machines. WE ARE SCIENTISTS We are solving today’s critical problems. And we want our work to reach outside the lab into the world. Our story begins in a Columbia research lab, where we’ve been developing solutions to address pressing problems — and anticipate future problems — since 1996. With support from DARPA, DHS, and NSF, Allure has been awarded $10 million to research, develop, and test the technology behind our products. Our team holds over 47 patents and has published over 300 papers. WE ARE COLLABORATORS Whether a research lab or a jazz quartet, unexpected connections spark genius. We’re lucky to kick around big ideas with luminaries from business, law, technology, and academia. Our advisors guide us to think bigger picture and all the pixels.