China has the world’s fastest growing retail market and Rubikloud is poised to capitalize on both the market and data opportunity within this growth region. Rubikloud has a strategic partner who is a leader in online and offline retail in China with billions of annual GMV. Rubikloud is looking for engineers to build out and implement the Rubikloud platform into the partner’s ecosystem and organize the massive amounts of data we will have access to.
You will be sent on a 6-month secondment to Shanghai to work with one of our strategic global partners. Our partner is one of Asia’s largest retail networks with operations across China spanning every province.
- Do you love solving complex problems?
- Do you love working with and building scalable systems?
- Do you love exploring large amounts of unique data?
- Do you love learning and extending new technologies?
- Do you love retail innovation?
- Do you love working with a smart, solution-oriented and considerate group of people?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then Rubikloud is the place for you!
- Design and implement scalable solutions to solve complex big data and engineering problems for top global retail clients
- Work with clients to understand business needs and formulate analytics, reporting and predictive analytics solutions
- Work with Client Solutions team to answer ad-hoc client requests for analytics and custom projects
- Gain an understanding of client information available and integrate into Rubikoud’s data science platform
- Assist and/or perform the integration of client’s data with Rubikloud’s systems
- Develop a deep understanding of Rubikloud’s solutions to be able to design elegant extensions to the platform
- Review product requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Perform code review to ensure the code is clean, understandable, and maintainable
- Perform unit testing to ensure the code is robust and solid
- Work with product managers, software engineers, and devops to ensure that our releases are of the highest quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- Native or Fluent Mandarin (written and spoken)
- 5+ years professional experience in software development role
- Self-motivated and good sense of ownership – comfortable working in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python and/or Java
- Solid experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in architecting scalable and robust distributed systems that – Experience in relational databases such as Redshift, Oracle, MS Sql Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Exposure to Cassandra, Storm, Spark, Akka, Scala, and machine learning is a plus
- Ability to work in Unix environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using version control systems (e.g. Git) and continuous integration system (e.g. Jenkins)
- Open to travel back to Toronto every 1-2 months
Rubikloud is a retail intelligence platform focused on turning retail data into revenue. Most analytics or big data companies are repackaging static reporting tools or open source libraries that were not built for retail. Using modern data science techniques we help retailers optimize their business for every channel (e-commerce, mobile, and brick and mortar). The Rubikloud platform does three things. First, it connects, cleanses, and automatically formats the most important data sources from the retailer (e-commerce platform, POS, CRM, product feeds, etc). Secondly, with RUDI, retailers will never have to build a report again as insights are delivered in real-time. Finally, our optimization engine helps the retailer maximize their ROI on all marketing and promotion decisions. Founded in late 2013, Rubikloud has raised $9m lead by Horizons Ventures and is currently delivering insights and processing data for over a dozen retailers, with combined revenue of over $50 billion annually.