Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 10 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
What you can expect:
How many companies can say that their CEO and CTO are technical co-founders? Schoology can! Engineering is our life-blood. We are a high-growth company, founded by a group of world-class entrepreneurs and engineers. What can you expect as an employee at Schoology?
- You can expect to work in an energetic, supportive team of engineers, who will challenge you to be your best.
- You can expect *not* to be micro-managed. We hire mature, self-starters who don’t need to be supervised every second of the day.
- Expect to learn from being surrounded by an exceptional team of business people, engineers and product visionaries!
- Expect never to be bored. You will love being here.
What you’ll do:
- Develop high performance, highly scalable web applications. Our web app is used by over 9 million educators, students and parents worldwide.
- Work on a cross-functional team (we call them “squads”) where you’ll play a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment.
- Use technical knowledge and creative thinking to provide the most innovative solutions. Bottom line: you’ll have a say in what’s built — we’re not throwing specs over the wall for you to develop on an island.
- Meet aggressive deadlines in a rapid application development environment.
What we’d like:
We’re looking for world-class software engineers at all levels of experience. Whether you have one year of professional experience, or you are 20+ years into your software development career, we want to hear from you! The common theme throughout our current team is our passion for the craft — software engineering.
- Experience and expertise developing in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, GO or node.js
- Experience developing large-scale web applications — the bigger the better! However, that would not preclude us from interviewing you for the potential to develop them.
- Experience developing at all levels of the technology stack, with particular focus on the back-end.
- Experience working with web services (e.g. REST, SOAP) in a highly scalable, highly available environment
- Deep fundamental understanding of web application technology
- Superior communications and organization skills — you’re going to be working on a team, so this is essential.
- Self-motivation as well as ability and desire to learn new technologies, applications, processes, and environments
Bonus points for:
- Interest in growing into a potential technical leadership role.
- Experience with LAMP-based (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP) development
- Familiarity with Laravel
- Familiarity with Mongo, or Redis
Schoology is the education technology company transforming the learning process by engaging educators, students and advisors with a more personalized, collaborative experience. More than nine million people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.