At EventMobi we develop technology to help events & conferences create and deliver the ultimate event experience through mobile apps, web and desktop based products. We are growing our talented team, and are looking for a Full-stack Web Software Engineer / Software Developer to help us build the generation of event technology!
We develop using micro-services exposed through a (Python) RESTful API to feed our Node & AngularJS applications – from our mobile apps, to the app-building services, real-time chat / gamification / mapping services and tons more.
In the past year we’ve more than tripled our growth & our software now services 8000+ events and millions of users worldwide. We’re expecting that growth to continue again (while still being bootstrapped with no funding) and if you are interested in helping us scale, and meet the next set of challenges, let’s chat!
Your main responsibilities include:
- Design, architect, and extend the EventMobi web and mobile-web apps alongside a team of developers and designers to rapidly push new features / products live
- You will own the products / features you ship. From initial design, to deployment, test automation to performance monitoring, you own what you make end-to-end
Challenges we’re currently tackling (and you could be too):
- Bridging the native to web experience by building extremely performant and rich experiences that work on any device, online or offline through AngularJS
- Building real-time mobile & web applications through HTML5, AngularJS, Websockets, and Node.js
- Developing new services across our microservices to ensure fault-tolerant, fast performing customer facing products
- Developing rich user interfaces with an eye for performance (RAM usage on DOM elements, lazy loading techniques, etc)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experienced in using dynamic languages like Python, or Ruby
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Can make your way around playing in UNIX
- Want to get involved in all parts of the tech stack and have a commitment to code quality
- Excellent communication and creative approach to complex problems
- An understanding of data-structures, modular design, and high quality code
- You must be a self-starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas and execute
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
- Competitive salary with a bonus structure
- Great insurance coverage (health, vision, dental, massage)
- All expenses paid company & team retreats in exotic locations (Previously Iceland, Costa Rica)
- A small, extremely smart & open-minded team that is passionate about cutting edge mobile and web technologies
- A completely transparent, open, and collaborative environment
- All of our engineers attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
- Free breakfast every morning, subsidized lunch program 3x a week
- Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!
EventMobi makes it easy for planners to create custom registration and event apps for meetings, conferences and events. Fully integrated in the event app, attendees can send messages to each other, create their own schedules, vote on live polls, download presentation slides & more!