- Working in our Engineering team, create automated tests of against the full application stack, including UI, API and ETL components with excellent test coverage.
- Working from the requirements refining phase, gather the information needed to design thorough test cases with focus on both business and technical risk.
- Automate those tests using open source frameworks such as Cucumber and Selenium in a languages like Ruby or Python, executing in both local developer environments and on CI.
- Act as the quality champion on project teams.
- Over time, work with the Developers to help them test themselves
- Working proficiency of Ruby, Python or other programming language
- Strong understanding of test design techniques
- Knowledge of major open source test frameworks
- Ability to work closely with developers, product managers and end users
- Experience of working in a fast paced Agile style environment
- Knowledge of SQL
Bonus skills, where training will be given:
- Experience of Github or other version control system
- Experience of executing functional tests through Jenkins or other CI tool
- Strong UI test automation experience
- Experience of testing APIs
- Experience of testing queue based messaging middleware
- Experience of testing ETLs and Data Warehouses
Simulmedia is the pioneer and market leader in audience-based advertising on TV. We marry the power of advertising placements on national TV inventory with the accuracy of data driven audience targeting to sell and deliver the most precise, results-driven national TV advertising of any TV or media network. Since 2009, our mission has been to build the data resources, audience knowledge, inventory access, and technology platform to deliver results-driven TV advertising. Simulmedia brings digital advertising to TV. Based in the beautiful NoHo area of New York City, we're a start-up founded by serial entrepreneur Dave Morgan and funded by investors Union Square Ventures, Avalon Ventures and Time Warner.