Rubikloud is at the forefront of retail transformation. Driven by very talented engineers, we are actively deploying big data-driven solutions and products, empowering retailers to make smarter and better decisions. We’ve built scalable technologies so our retail partners don’t have to. Our data scientists/engineers work at various levels of the stack, automating insight discovery, predicting outcomes and producing actionable recommendations. The Client Solutions group is on the frontline, working directly with our global retail clients.
Equipped with the latest tools and technologies, the data scientist/engineer is self-driven with a balanced mix of math/stats knowledge, domain expertise and hacking skills. Mixing authenticity with a collaborative approach, the data scientist/engineer works with internal and external stakeholders. Ultimately, the goal is to extend Rubikloud’s capabilities, building new features to existing products while imagining and prototyping new products.
- Do you love solving complex problems?
- Do you love working with and building scalable systems?
- Do you love exploring large amounts of data?
- Do you love learning and extending new technologies?
- Do you love retail innovation?
- Do you love working with a smart, solution-oriented and considerate group of people?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then Rubikloud is the place for you!
- Design and implement scalable solutions to solve complex big data and engineering problems for top global retail clients
- Work with clients to understand business needs and formulate analytics, reporting and predictive analytics solutions
- Work with Client Solutions team to answer ad-hoc client requests for analytics and custom projects
- Gain an understanding of client information available and integrate into Rubikoud’s data science platform
- Assist and/or perform the integration of client’s data with Rubikloud’s systems
- Develop a deep understanding of Rubikloud’s solutions to be able to design elegant extensions to the platform
- Review product requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Perform code review to ensure the code is clean, understandable, and maintainable
- Perform unit testing to ensure the code is robust and solid
- Work with product managers, software engineers, and devops to ensure that our releases are of the highest quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development role
- Self-motivated and good sense of ownership – comfortable working in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Good knowledge of Algebra and Statistics fundamentals
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python and/or Java
- Solid experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in architecting scalable and robust distributed systems that have been successfully deployed to customer
- Experience in relational databases such as Redshift, Oracle, MS Sql Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Exposure to Cassandra, Storm, Spark, Akka, Scala, and machine learning is a plus
- Ability to work in Unix environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using version control systems (e.g. Git) and continuous integration system (e.g. Jenkins)
Rubikloud is a retail intelligence platform focused on turning retail data into revenue. Most analytics or big data companies are repackaging static reporting tools or open source libraries that were not built for retail. Using modern data science techniques we help retailers optimize their business for every channel (e-commerce, mobile, and brick and mortar). The Rubikloud platform does three things. First, it connects, cleanses, and automatically formats the most important data sources from the retailer (e-commerce platform, POS, CRM, product feeds, etc). Secondly, with RUDI, retailers will never have to build a report again as insights are delivered in real-time. Finally, our optimization engine helps the retailer maximize their ROI on all marketing and promotion decisions. Founded in late 2013, Rubikloud has raised $9m lead by Horizons Ventures and is currently delivering insights and processing data for over a dozen retailers, with combined revenue of over $50 billion annually.