We are growing the team and hiring engineers with various levels of technical experience. Your responsibilities will be based on your experience level and accomplishments. You’ll be part of a highly talented collaborative team working on various technical challenges, ranging from scalability to innovative feature design and development. You will also play a key role in various architectural efforts and potentially lead complex feature design in our server platform, engage with other functional teams and external partners on end-to-end solution design as needed. To be successful in our dynamic work team, you need the ability to find new solutions, commit to delivering great results, and demonstrate a great work ethic.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
Education and Experience
- Must have graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent within the last year, or next few months
- Minimum 0-2 years experience
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detail oriented, meticulous, well organized, and articulate
- Proficient in PHP, C++, Java
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Ability to debug issues within custom code quickly
- A passion for developing scalable and optimized software systems
- Knowledge of web servers (e.g. Tomcat) , server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Understanding of webservices request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits.
About Rivet Radio
Founded in 2012 by a self-funded team with dreams of changing for the better the way people listen to news on-the-go, we launched our first app in late 2013. Since then, Rivet Radio’s audience has grown tremendously. Our mission is to transform news listening for the digital age. We are dedicated to changing the way news is produced and delivered, creating the best listening experience on the planet.