As a member of our Engineering team, you will own the design, development and integration of the next generation Location Analytics Platform. The ideal candidate will bring the “right” mix of creativity and development discipline to expand the standards of excellence that our Engineers and Data Scientists have already set.
We work in an agile environment focused on delivering high quality software through quick iterations. Software development, for us, focuses on the simple yet elegant solutions to complex problems. At PlaceIQ, we empower our team members to extend beyond traditional functional boundaries so that we can build game-changing products.
Here’s what we value as a team:
- Passion, technical expertise, and personal accomplishments
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems)
- Developers who can navigate around a Linux box
- Experience with using open source tools and participating in an open source projects
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
Some of the things Engineers on the Platform team do:
- Build scalable data pipelines using Hadoop, MapReduce, PIG and HIVE
- Build scalable domain specific languages
- Create new metrics to provide greater insight into our data
- Automate the end-to-end testing of the platform
- Learn about partner systems to figure out how to integrate them with ours
We also believe that good balance produces good results, so we provide:
- Competitive salaries, benefits and equity.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
Summary of your startupLeading CPG, retail, automotive, entertainment, consumer electronics, and other national brands and their agencies rely on PlaceIQ’s patented technology and suite of consumer discovery, engagement and activation solutions to engage with the right consumers and lead them to desired brand actions and destinations at unbeatable scale. PlaceIQ’s Place Visit Rate (PVR™) is already the standard for measuring real-world, in-store ROI, quantifying the value and effectiveness of advertising, targeting and messaging. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Palo Alto, Chicago, Detroit, and Boulder.