We’re seeking extremely bright software engineers that share our vision. We’re positioning ourselves to be the global leader in building `connected device’ experiences. We utilize modern development frameworks and rapid prototyping tools. If you love a good time, whether it’s athletics, canoe trips, League of Legends, movies, tinkering with 3D printers, or just chilling at the bar, read on and apply below.
Some of the platforms we’ll be working on:
- Smart Watches (Apple Watch, Android Wear, Pebble)
- Wearables and Fitness Trackers (Fitbit, Jawbone, Nike+ Fuelband)
- Android (Mobile, Google TV, Google Watches, Google Glass, Chromecast)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Chrome (Desktop)
- iOS (Phone, Tablet, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Siri/Voice recognition, CarPlay)
- Dash Wireless Earpiece
- Various CAD and Digital Fabrication tools (3D Printers, Laser Cutters, CNC 3D milling)
We’re building a team that’s passionate about innovation, apprenticeship (learning by pairing) and building kick-ass experiences.
- You want to join the ground floor of a rapidly growing technology firm in Toronto, and you won’t settle for being a small cog in a big firm.
- You’re exceptionally smart, kind, flexible, and value intellectual respect.
- You’re excited about working directly with the founders who have deep experience working on major product launches.
- You love a good time. Connected Lab is a playful environment and has access to awesome perks.
Some requirements and responsibilities include:
- Build internal tools, and lead client-facing projects
- Help grow the engineering team
- Completed Computer Science degree or equivalent (both at undergraduate and graduate levels)
- Experience with C, C++, C#, Objective-C or Java, or the ability to learn quickly
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, or the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to debug and test code to ensure quality delivery
- Experience working on mobile applications and/or embedded devices
- Proficiency with Git and Github
- Passion for connected devices, and willingness to learn much, much more
About Connected Lab
Connected Lab builds products on a variety of platforms, including web & mobile apps, wearables, smart cars and the connected home. In the last 6 months, we’ve delivered over 10 projects using the ‘Connected Method’, a fusion of extreme programming and design thinking.