We’re developing a cloud-based solution for construction managers. We want to help them prevents errors from becoming fiascos by comparing what was designed with what was built using next-generation mobile devices that have 3D sensing capability. We enable rapid quality control by reducing the time to verify built conditions before and after installations using advanced computer vision and 3D scanning tablets. We make a sophisticated technology easy by shifting the user-role from surveyor to site worker, making 3D scanning affordable and accessible, and completing weeks of analysis in minutes.
We are a close team in a ever-changing startup environment. ShapeTrace wants to build something that our customers really want so we believe in user-driven design. That means we encourage you to talk to our customers, go onto construction sites, empathize with them, and “walk a mile in their shoes”. Things in our company are always changing so you’re independent, comfortable with little direction, and be motivated to tell us how problem should be solved. Our workspace is at York University’s startup BEST Lab in the Greater Toronto area, but we are flexible with working remotely.
Are you sharp and talented? Do you want to build something from nothing and play a big part in product strategy and development? Join our team! Shapetrace is looking for a Software Developer for our Google Tango Android app and for coding some tools for 3D computer vision and ROS. You will work closely with our whole team, especially the Chief Scientist and the Product Manager. Also, you will work with our construction clients. You understand that construction site workers have varying levels of experience with technology so you will design for the most novice of users. Shapetrace holds customer experience as paramount. In the end, you’re simply excited about learning, teaching, and implementing, and you want to join a bunch of us who also think the same way.
In a typical day, you might:
- Play a BIG part of UX/UI and product development
- Develop mobile apps using the Google Project Tango SDK, iOS SDKs, and Occipital Structure sensor SDK
- Prototype in ROS, or else, write data format conversion tools to get sensor data into ROS
- Stabilize prototype code from Matlab into C++
- Test your sensing app in the field with customers and get a ton of feedback
- Work collaboratively with our Chief Scientist and engineers to define overall functional and technical design
- Problem solve, debug, and troubleshoot
- Document source code
- Formulate functional tests and ensure the highest quality is attained
- Tell us what you think the company should do
To be an effective team member, you have:
- An urge to learn and do whatever is necessary to implement an awesome user experience
- Android or iOS development experience, or in other OOP languages. We are developing on the Google Project Tango SDK right now.
- An interest in 3D programming, augmented reality, and robots
- Shipped something fun to the App or Play Store
- Experience with backend development. If not, can you learn?
- Cool interests outside of work stuff
Qualifications and Details
- Enrolled or completed a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Co-op, internship, or regular position
- Full-time hours
- Flexible start date (anticipated Nov 2015)
Shapetrace was founded in 2014 by a bunch of geomatics engineers who thought, “Why should geomatics folks be the only ones who map?” So we started our company to do just this. We geek out in 3D mapping, cameras, robots, and augmented reality.